Well it has been a crazy month! I went back to work on February 17th and I must say it was quite a shock to the system. I had been home for 3 1/2 months and the first month I was on bedrest so adjusting to my busy work schedule took some time! I cried all day the first 2 days...it was rough...I missed my baby, I did not like pumping at work, and I was so tired from still not sleeping all night long and from not being able to drink caffeine. One month later I have adjusted but I am still tired :) Emerson goes to bed around 7 or 8 and wakes up at 1 to eat and then again at 5 or 6. Elbie and I share the middle of the night feeding task but missing that uninterrupted sleep is definitely catching up with us! Elbie is also adjusting. He stays at home with Emerson during the day and is working almost every night. So...he is trying to get used to his new schedule and it has been tough for him! He really loves being at home with Emerson during the day...they have such a sweet father-son connection <3
So things in the Wood household are busy these days...not a whole lot of sleeping going on but we get it when we can. Especially when our wonderful mommies offer to watch "the children" as I call them :) so that we can sleep...gotta love that! Lana is finishing up her first year of kindergarten and loving every minute of it. She has a precious little friend Madeline who is the blonde version of Lana. Emerson is getting bigger and bigger and he is talking a lot now...he likes to grunt and babble..it is pretty cute! He is such a good baby and looks freakishly (as people say) like his daddy...they are clones.
Only 3 more weeks until Spring Break...yay! I can't wait to spend a week at home with my family...life is good! And yay for tax returns :)
We love you all!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment